1.2. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations);
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you.We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Activation Information. We will provide this information to our mobile service provider (Airtel) as proof of compliance with the requirements of the Telecommunication Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka (TRC). Please note that every service provider has the legitimate right to contact you to confirm the information provided and every service provider or their representative should issue a SIM card to every applicant who has to submit personal details with proof. You can find more details about it here: http://www.trc.gov.lk/component/k2/item/126-about-your-sim.html. However, once the submitted TrackieX will not keep any record of the Activation Information.
In addition we will maintain and submit, as required, this information, including the Serial Number of the GPS Tracker, NIC details, and address as per the regulations of the Ministry of Defence.
- Tracker Information. This information will be collected and sent to our backend service by the TrackieX GPS Tracker in order to provide an accurate location and good service.